We Acknowledge that:
- Intellectual stimulation is essential to the vital trilogy of MIND, BODY, and SPIRIT.
- More than 3,000 seniors reside in the central Maine area, and Maine seeks to become an attractive retirement state.
We seek to:
- Remain a part of the University of Maine at Augusta as a self-governing and self-sustaining college which initiates, prepares, promotes, presents, and evaluates courses.
- Operate under the UMASC Board of Directors and through a structure of functional committees.
- Reach out and appeal to the growing senior population.
- Be accessible financially and physically to all seniors who wish to attend.
- Provide scholarships so that inability to pay is no barrier to participation.
- Offer a wide variety of academically oriented courses and special activities reflecting the interests of its students.
- Conduct classes on the campus and other approved facilities in the area.
- Insure appropriate staffing, mainly through volunteers, for all activities.
- Through service, learning, and outreach, enhance the overall quality of life for a wide range of people.