MONDAY BOOK GROUP
The Monday Book Group meets the second Monday of the month from 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Group Leader: Patrice Wehner
The Senior College Monday Book Group reads a diverse mix of books: history and social issues, historical fiction, science fiction, memoirs, and coming-of age stories, among others. Group members select the titles and take turns facilitating the discussions. We meet the second Monday of each month from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm at the University of Maine Augusta campus, and also provide a Zoom option to accommodate the needs of members who may not be able to attend in person.
The Monday Book Group is not currently accepting new members, as we have reached the maximum capacity to ensure inclusive and interactive discussions. For further information on book group openings, or if you would like to start up another Senior College book group, please contact the Senior College office team.
- February: The Ride of Her Life by Elizabeth Letts
- March: Elinor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- April: The Librarian of Burned Books by Brianna Labuskes
- May: The Thursday Murder Club Series (book 1) by Richard Osman
- June: Rough Sleepers by Tracy Kidder
- July: *Maine Humanities Council ReadME TBA
- August: *Maine Humanities Council ReadME TBA
- September: The Reading List by Sara Nisha Adams
- October: The Latecomer by Jean Hanff Korelitz
- November: To Be Determined
- December: To Be Determined
OTHER BOOKS ON OUR WISH LIST:
- Dinners with Ruth by Totenberg, Nina
- Small World by Jonathan Evison
- How to Stand Up to a Dictator by Maria Ressa
* Any book on the schedule is subject to change.
* We sometimes read the titles featured by the Maine Humanities Council “ReadME” summer reading program. When the book titles are announced in May, Book Group members will decide whether to add to our summer discussion schedule or select other books.
THURSDAY BOOK GROUP
THE THURSDAY BOOK GROUP IS NOT MEETING AT THIS TIME.
If you are interested in leading this group, please contact the Senior College office at office@UMASC.org.
- January 26: The Lincoln Highway: A Novel by Amor Towles
- February 23: No Meeting
- March 23: Time and Again by Jack Finney
- April 27: No-No Boy by John Okada
- May 25: Night of the Living Rez by Morgan Talty
- June 22: The Girl Who Fell from the Sky by Heidi W. Durrow
- July 27: The Exiles by Christina Baker Kline
- August 24: Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck
- September 28: The U.S. and the Holocaust – Full Documentary on Maine Public TV
- October 26: Birds of a Feather (Maisie Dobbs Book 2) by Jacqueline Winspear
- No Meeting in November