Home Discussion Forums Augusta Senior College Classes Classes and Presentations

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    blackstream
    Participant

Elizabeth,

I would be interested in a presentation on Newfoundland.

Thanks!
    Chris

Ann Sullivan

That’s a great idea, Louisfontaine, to offer the course on the Acadian Expulsion to Calumet Club folks. Please do post it in the newsletter. I’ve been working on expanding the original lecture so that it tells a more complete story. I think it would be about six one-hour sessions. Shorter sessions, as mentioned above, is also a great idea.

iforster
    Participant

I’d be interested in any Zoom classes and presentations offered!
    Irene

Emily Pride
    Participant

I would be interested in more information regarding the Acadians. I would also like to learn about Newfoundland. I may be interested in architectural history depending on the format. I first became interested in that subject when I watched Union Station in Portland being torn down when I was in high school.
    Emily Pride

Ann Sullivan

Hi Emily,
    Just to be clear, the Acadia series I’m proposing (now I’m looking at 6 one-hour sessions) would not really include new information. I was asked to repeat a Brown Bag that I did years ago. That lecture became the basis for the course I taught. When I looked at the original lecture, I thought it could be improved upon. So what I’m proposing would be something in between the lecture and the course (and hopefully more relaxed than the course, allowing for more discussion).

Amy Anderson
    Participant

Bob and I would be enthusiastic about joining Zoom presentations on any of the above topics–Acadians, Newfoundland, Maine architecture, or Mike Bell’s history topics . . . or something else! We had a fantastic experience with Mike’s “The Roosevelts” class and will remember how it rallied us from our “pandemic fever” when it seemed our brains could think of little else! During this challenging spring 2020, what a fantastic relief! Kathy Anderson

gzille@hotmail.com
    Participant

Hello folks

I already signed up for the fall to teach metaphysical intuition. So, I am wondering how this will look for my future students. Thank you for for your assistance ahead of time.

Gail

tacr3030
    Participant

I would be very excited about you repeating the Acadian series since I did not have the opportunity to share in the 1st presentation. Please be sure to include me if you are incline to do any class Ann, I am hoping to be available for so much more in the future…..

Terry Cloutier

tacr3030
    Participant

Newfoundland would be a very interesting class to attend and I do agree that lengthy zoom sessions are not what I would want either…..1 hr sessions are to my liking , 90 if necessary but no longer than that please……

I have already stated that I would be interested in the Acadian presentation and find that Architectural History would interest me too…..for being at home with an opportunity to learn and share is a love of mine!

Through this Covid shelter time I have discovered YouTube and have been totally happy with all that is available from lectures, presentations, learning, cooking and music. I call YouTube my “Covid gift”.

tacr3030
    Participant

As usual Mike, you did an awesome job with the Roosevelt Class. Unfortunately, I had not signed up for it and did not get a chance to participate in the Zoom presentation, for this is still very new to me, but I have watched all of the videos of the classes and want to thank you so much for the generous sharing of the information.

Perhaps I can share a little bit of history, that some may not know, about Eleanor Roosevelt: she is one of the outstanding founders of the American Mothers organization that began honoring outstanding mothers from each State in 1935. Today the organization is the official sponsor of Mothers Day and the annual Mother of the Year award that honors a mother from each State and picks a National Mother from the State’s honorees. American Mothers Inc also serves as a voice for over 85 million mothers in America and has been MOMSTRONG for over 85 years! Anyone wanting to know more about the organization can go to http://www.AMERICANMOTHERS.ORG/#MOMNATION

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.