Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ann Sullivan

Shelly’s video instructions about how to sign up in order to access the website are very easy to follow. Thanks, Shelly!

However, I’d like to add one thing: Please remember to write your password down and put it in a very safe place.

When making a password it’s a good idea to use at least one upper case letter, at least one number, and at least one symbol.

My favorite way to create a password is to start off with a  song or poem. So I might start with: Hickory dickory dock the mouse went up the clock. Then I would take the first letter of each word: Hddtmwutc.  So now I have both upper and lower case letters.

I need a number and a symbol. I tend to take the number closest to the last letter, in this case a ‘c.’ Looking to the top of my keyboard, I find 4$.

So my new password is: Hddtmwutc4$.   Easy peasy!  It’s not easy for someone else to guess, but it would easy for me to remember–if I were really going to use this password!

Do you have a favorite way to create a password?

mickohalloran

I am pretty good about jotting down my user name and password (and you need both) but somewhat less good about remembering where I put the piece of paper.

Sue and I nag each other about putting all passwords in an old organizer book that we keep in the office but still we miss some.

My Mac laptop has a built in program called keychains that encrypts usernames and passwords and stores them for any sites I access.

All I have to remember is the password to log into my laptop. I am sure that Windows machines offer a similar feature.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.