Common Sense Eldercare Finances
Instructor: Chet Day
Fridays • 9/20-11/8 • 1:00-3:00 PM • 8 classes
Class size 3 to 16 students
14 seats remaining
Location: Jewett 185
During our lives we make 4 major financial investment decisions: 1) Our education after high school, 2) A house, 3) The education of our children, and 4) Eldercare. Any surplus passes to our heirs!
What can one do to maximize her/his estate? This workshop will address that issue.
- Have fun with numbers: do Time Value of Money (TVM) in your head.
- Use 4th grade arithmetic to predict investment results.
- Explore the late Jack Bogle’s index fund investing.
- “Earmark” assets for eldercare to be independent of family support.
- Visit eldercare facilities. Classroom
Chet Day has degrees in math, physics, EE/computer science, and business admin. He retired in 1995 from computer communications research for Bell System. Chet is on the UMASC Arts and Presentations Committee and volunteers for UMASC/UMA College of Arts & Sciences Concert Series. He and Deena have 4 grandchildren.