Spring Class Registration begins Monday, March 1
COVID VACCINE INFO
Free for Everyone!
The UMASC Winter Lecture Series offers weekly presentations at 1:00pm on Tuesday (and a couple Thursday) afternoons. Lectures started January 12th and will continue through March 9. Lectures are free and open to the public so be sure to recommend them to your friends.
3 REMAINING LECTURES:
Tuesday, March 2
Thursday, March 4
Memory and the Natural Environment
in the Art of Maya Lin
Tuesday, March 9
Why Don’t the Herring
Swim Out of the Weir?
Zoom’s in Bloom with UMASC Classes
Spring Semester Begins March 15
It’s time to register for the spring 2021 semester! Classes will again be offered via Zoom and will begin the week of March 15th. And what a dynamic slate of classes and lectures UMASC will be offering!
- The Arts: An 8-week program from the Farnsworth Museum in Rockland and a 6-week course on Maine artists including those from the Skowhegan School of Painting & Sculpture.
- Music: Frank Johnson will bring us 2 classes, one jazz and one on the blues. Peter Rosenberg will be presenting an 8-week class on classical music.
- History & Society: Chuck Acker will teach us how to talk about climate change, Mike Bell will offer a class on early New England, and Erica Nadelhaft from the Holocaust and Human Rights Center will offer a course on Jewish Resistance during the Holocaust.
- Language/Writing: Diane Dionne is offering 3 Spanish classes, so pick your level and para unirse. Janet Cowperthwaite is again offering a Writers’ Workshop. There are excellent examples of the fall class accomplishments in the latest Illuminator.
- Returning by popular demand are favorites like movie classics, intuition, bridge basics, architecture, and a financial workshop.
- Plus an exciting new variety of lectures coming in the Spring Lecture Series.
REGISTRATION BEGINS MONDAY, MARCH 1st
Click here to explore full details on all classes and lectures.
ALL PROGRAMS ARE FREE!
However, membership is required.
Memberships are valid for one year, from July 1 to June 30;
so if you paid in the fall there is no need to pay again.
Click here to go to the membership page.
Please be advised that due to restrictions on visiting campus, you will not be able to come to the office to register for classes or pay your membership fee. Class registration must take place online. If you are not able to complete your online registration, please leave a message at 621-3551 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
The Illuminator is your UMASC newsletter, and we count on you to submit articles, stories, poems, photos, or even original works of art. Since the Illuminator is only eight pages long, submissions between 250 and 750 words work best. If possible, include original photos that illustrate your work and a photo of yourself.
If you have any questions about the newsletter, or would like to submit an item for publication, please contact the newsletter editor, Ann Sullivan, at email@example.com.
The next deadline is May 24.
To read both the most recent and archived issues click here.
UMASC Member Quotes
About Online Classes & Lectures
Hover your mouse over the quote to stop the rotation. Click side arrows to continue.